2018 BEL Awards Evening
A fantastic BEL Group Awards Evening for 2018 was held at the CHB Municipal Theatre on the 24th May. The awards were well attended by BEL Employees and their partners, advisory board members and key suppliers and service providers.
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE NOMINEES AND WINNERS!
- Isaac's Pumping & Electrical Rookie of the Year – Griffen Waldie-Smith
- Ecolab Milk Quality Individual Winner – Darryl Pallesen
- Fonterra Milk Quality Team Winner - Cloverlea
- Tararua Vets Stock Care & Performance Award Winner – Basil Westlake
- Meridian Energy Idea of the Year Winner – Jacob Stevens
- Onside Workplace Safety SHED Individual of the Year- Basil Westlake
- TruTest Workplace Safety SHED Team of the Year- Cloverlea
- Middle Hills Pride Award Winner - Barry Farms
- Farmlands Fuel Best Judges Presentation Winner - Jacob Stevens
- Staples Rodway Financial Performance Winner – Micheal Pallesen
- Ballance Productive Performance Winner – Jacob Stevens
- No.8 HR People and Leadership Winner – Micheal Pallesen
- BEL Group Business Owner Award – Amanda Pottanger
- FMG Development Programme Participant of the Year - Brendon Jones
- Individual Representative Award – Robert Barry
- Farmlands Team of the Year – Cloverlea
- BEL Group Manager of Year – Micheal Pallesen
Ballance Farm Environmental Awards
Winners of the East Coast Ballance Farm Environment Awards - PARKHILL!
Parkhill Dairy Farm has won the East Coast Ballance Farm Environment Awards -entered by owner Andrea Barry and manager Craig Pennell.
As well as being named the regional supreme winners, Andrea and Craig and the team at Parkhill Dairy Farm won the Ballance Agri-Nutrients Soil Management Award, CB Norwood Distributors Ltd Agri-Business Management Award and the Massey University Innovation Award.
BEL Group had a good showing at the Awards evening with another finalist, Andrea’s son Robert and daughter in law Alison, winning the Predator Free New Zealand Award. Robert is 2IC at Barry Farms, which operates two dairy farms called Hedley and Ellingham, also at Ashley Clinton. The two BEL Group entries also shared the Dairy NZ Sustainability and Stewardship Award.
Above: Craig Pennell & Andrea Barry receive the Ballance 'Supreme Awards' at the East Coast Farm Environment Awards evening
Above: Robert & Alison Barry receive the 'Predator Free Farm Award' at the East Coast Farm Environment Awards evening.
Dairy Big Day Out 2018
About 80 students from six secondary schools attended the Dairy Day Out in Central Hawke's Bay.
Hosted by BEL Group's Cloverea farm, the day involved students from Dannevirke High School, Central Hawke's Bay College, Te Aute College, Havelock North High School, Flaxmere College, Taradale High School, Napier Boys' High School and Napier Girls' High School.
2018 Young Farmer of The Year
Well done to Robert Barry!
Robert Barry from the Barry Farms Team has placed 4th Overall in the East Coast FMG Young Farmers Competition 2018
2017 Regional Dairy Industry Awards
Parkhill Farm Manager Craig Pennell came home with the Runner-Up Dairy Farm Manager of the Year at the 2017 Dairy Industry Awards
As well as the runner-up title Craig also brings home the following Merit Awards:
- Moore Stephens Markhams Ltd Employee Engagement Award
- DeLaval Livestock Management Award
- PrimaryITO Power Play Award